Wednesday, May 4, 2011

When Planets Die

i walk around the world at night
the stars have stopped shining bright
i look up and see planets surround my world
each one like a magnificent pearl
but as they turn and time goes by
the pearls get flawed and start to die
some cant take the pressure in where they are
some get misplaced among the stars
some spin out beyond control
some stray away and get too cold
some crumble away til nothing's left
some are simply hollow and bereft
some destroy themselves inside
some get away, vanish, hide
some freeze up, while others burn
all this happens as time turns
and all i have to offer is grief
for their destruction has no relation to me
and as i look around me now
all the worlds have fallen down
and my world still lives peacefully
the sun still shining down on me
but, deep down, my heart has cried
for every planet that has died

No comments:

Post a Comment